If you’re looking to shake up your Friday night plans, you’re in luck! Indianapolis’ Fountain Square Theater, located at 1111 Prospect Street, is hosting swing dancing every 2nd and 4th Friday of the month. Featuring a rotating line-up of talented local swing and jazz bands, these energy-filled evenings will have you dancing the night away. And now, tickets are officially on sale for these upcoming events!
Situated a mile and a half southeast of Downtown Indianapolis, Fountain Square Theater is the perfect venue for weddings, performances, corporate events and more. While the theater underwent a large renovation in the 1990’s, the space still retains much of its original architecture from when it was first built in 1928 – including the elaborate ceiling motifs.
Upcoming swing dancing events at Indianapolis’ Fountain Square Theater are scheduled throughout the spring and summer, ready to host a variety of live bands ranging from a jazz ensemble to a high-energy rock n’ roll band. Additional events will be added as time goes on!
- May 12: Swing Dancing with Midtown Madmen
- May 26: Swing Dancing with Rockin’ Terry Lee & His Million Dollar Band
- June 9: Swing Dancing with Cool City Band
- June 23: Swing Dancing with God’s Mighty Horns Band
- July 14: Swing Dancing with Indianapolis Jazz Orchestra
- August 11: Swing Dancing with Midtown Madmen
- August 25: Swing Dancing with God’s Mighty Horns Band
Each event begins with swing dancing lessons at 7:30pm, followed by swing dancing and a live band at 8:30pm. Dance lessons are $3 and tickets to the event at 8:30pm are $12. The fun-filled night will officially come to a close at 10:30pm.